The Gordon Cemetery contains a total of 97 graves of which 94 are of men of the 2nd Battalion, Gordon Highlanders, of the 7th Division. They were killed on 1 July 1916 and buried in their own support trench in a double semi-circle around the Cross of Sacrifice.
The Devonshire Cemetery, Mametz was started by the 8th and 9th Battalions of the Devonshire Regiment on July 4, 1916 when following their offensive on July 1 they buried their dead in a portion of what had been their own front line.
Dantzig Alley British Cemetery was begun in July 1916. It was used by Field Ambulances and fighting units until the following November. At the Armistice the cemetery consisted of 183 graves, but it was then increased by the concentration of 1,782 additional graves to bring it to its final total of 1,965 graves.
On July 1, 1987 the South Wales Branch of the Western Front Association unveiled the magnificent memorial to the 38th (Welsh) Division near Mametz Wood.
There are three pairs of brothers buried in Flatiron Copse Cemetery, Mametz. In all three cases, the brothers were serving with the same unit and were killed on the same day.
The grave of Captain Charles Edward Piercy Henderson, MC, Royal Field Artillery, is located in Flatiron Copse Cemetery, Mametz.
The grave of Corporal Edward Dwyer, VC, is located in Flatiron Copse Cemetery, Mametz. Corporal Dwyer served with the 1st Battalion East Surrey Regiment and was killed on 3 September 1916, aged 20. Corporal Dwyer also received the Cross of St George (Russia).
Flatiron Copse Cemetery at Mametz contains the graves of 1,520 soldiers from the United Kingdom, 30 from New Zealand, 17 from Australia, and one from South Africa. There are 416 unnamed graves. Special memorials are erected to 36 soldiers from the United Kingdom thought to be buried among them.
The 7th Division Memorial at Mametz has been erected by the Lancashire and Cheshire Branch of the Western Front Association.